14 Ways To Prevent Blockages In Your Drainage System
Having A Blocked Drain System Is Not Something You Can Predict. A clogged drain could lead to several hazards such as flooding, leakage, air pollution due to stagnant water in the drain and may even put your health at risk. Maintenance can be used to avoid situations such as these.
Factors that can cause a blocked drain are dead skin cells, hairs, grease, or tree roots growing inside the drainage pipes. While you may have no blockage in your house's pipework, that does not mean larger clogs cannot occur in the main lines.
There Is No Need To Get The System Of Your Drainage Clogged With These Maintenance Tips We Have Put Together For You To Follow
1. Use a plunger to remove minor clogs quickly and easily.
2. Clean out debris in the drain by raising up the stoppers in your bathtub. Make sure to wash the stopper itself before putting it back.
3. If You Lose A Lot Of Hair, Make Sure That The Catchers On Your Shower Plug Is Working Well. The same way you do no not allow food fall into the kitchen sink is the same way you should prevent hair from going into your pipes.
4. Brush your hair before showering or bathing to collect loose hair on your brush instead of in your drain.
5. Install grates over your drains to prevent large obstructions. When Getting Your Drains Cleaned, Use A Drain Cleaner That Is Anti - Bacterial And Which Is Not Corrosive.
6. Don't grow trees or large plants near your drainage system, or pipes may become clogged due to root intrusion.
7. Sign an annual contract with a drainage company. The good thing about this is, they perform occasional drainage inspections and maintenance services on your drainage system. Drainage Nottinghamshire in Nottinghamshire is a leading company that can provide such benefits. You should discuss the importance of taking care or your drains with your family.
8. Don't use chemical cleaners They will damage your pipes in the long run.
9. Don't Put Your Waste Or Any Object In Your Drains. It is not a dustbin.
10. Avoid putting grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medications, cosmetics, and other such substances down the drain.
11. Drains are designed for water q nothing else q except for the toilet, which is able to handle water plus human wastes.
12. Take A Wire Coat Hanger Straighten It And Bend One End To Make A Hook, Then Insert It Into The Drain To Get The Junk Out.
13. Occasionally, pour some hot salty water into your sink to dissolve any accumulating grease in your drains.
14. This is not a comprehensive list, as there are many other things you can do to maintain your drainage system. The main thing is to never use acidic solutions.
If you have tried all of the above tips, but are still having problem's with blocked drains or slow drainage, don't try and force the blockage, as this can lead to damages. Avoid damages and instead, reach out and give a plumber a phone call. If you happen to be in Nottinghamshire then your best option will probably be Drainage Nottinghamshire technicians.